Staff Absence Protection
Protection for any combination of teaching, non-teaching, support and site staff with flexible policy benefits designed by you;
- £30 to £300 per day
- Nil to 30 day waiting periods
- Full, 30 day or nil stress cover
- Pre-existing conditions: choose to protect all staff or individual circumstances.
- Maternity protection included: benefits up to £10,000 available.
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Phased Return Cover
- Stranded Staff Cover
- Suspension Cover
- Jury Service
- Bereavement Leave Cover
- Compassionate Leave Cover
- Trade Union Cover
- Interrupted Claim Cover
All staff protected by the Mutual can access real, preventative and rehabilitation solutions:
Physiotherapy / MSK Services
With waiting times for NHS services on the increase, our nationwide network of physiotherapists can provide timely, effective and efficient therapy.
Mental Health Service
Our service gives early access to clinical assessment, with every referral receiving a clinical triage determining the most suitable evidence-based treatment pathway for your employee.
Surgical Assistance Program
Our Case Managers help by facilitating private specialist surgical procedures for over hundred operations, as well as providing advice relating to what to do after seeing your consultant.
New for 2020
School Incident Support
Incidents that could impact schools include:
- The death of a pupil(s) or member(s) of staff through sudden accident, murder, or suicide.
- A serious accident involving pupils and school personnel on or off school premises.
- A violent attack or violent intrusion onto school premises.
Education Mutual will provide:
- Cover replacement teacher costs
- Access to IMMEDIATE on-site and remote counselling
- Medical support for affected individuals as required by the critical incident circumstances
- Financial support in the event of accidental death
GP 24/7 – An On-Line Surgery
Immediate advice and support for employees. Flexible Phone or Video Consultation Our service gives individuals the flexibility to have a consultation with a GP. Private Prescriptions Patients can arrange and authorise direct prescription medications. Health Information Access to the UK’s most comprehensive medically validated health information database; providing 24 hour access to over 1,100 topics.
Mental Health First Aid Training
The education sector is a particularly demanding industry, which can have a detrimental effect on teacher wellbeing. This workshop, offered by Education Mutual, is designed to proactively support teachers and make them aware of the signs of mental health issues amongst their adult colleagues.
The workshop includes:
- What causes mental ill health?
- Spotting the signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Key skills for managing mental health in the workplace, including: how to listen, what to say, the types of interventions that work best.
- Introduction to a range of practical support and resources
- A wellbeing resource pack
Nurse Support Services
Our service is staffed by experienced registered nurses, who understand the physical, mental and emotional needs of those affected by an accident, serious illness or emotional trauma.
Nurses will provide help and support to people suffering from, living with, or recovering from:
- Bereavement of a close relative
- Cardiac conditions
- Medical trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder and heart attacks. mental health problems, such as addictions, anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, stress and obsessive disorders.
- Other life-limiting or life-changing conditions.